See below for update!
- Dublin, Ireland – Trinity Launchpad, Berkeley Library, Trinity College, Dublin
- Hamburg, Germany – Figo, Gaußstraße 190, 22765 Hamburg
- 17:30 / 18:30 Arrive and Networking
- 18:00 / 19:00 Intoductions from FintechIreland and Fintech Hamburg
- 18:20 / 19:20 Startup showcase – #fintechbattle – 3 startups in Hamburg, 3 startups in Dublin
- 19:00 / 20:00 Voting & Networking
- 19:30 / 20:30 Results and announcements
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fintech-ireland-germany-tickets-32648439361?err=29
Contact Dave at GingerTechie.com for information & sponsorship opportunities.
Update 26 March 2017
Wow, what a fun event! Our planning and rehearsal went well, and with just a few last-minute tweaks we were up and running.
This time around we used Periscope.tv to stream video from both locations, so that each audience could see the other side of the bridge. And so could the Random Internet People who arrived slightly puzzled at our broadcast!
We kicked off in Dublin with an overview of the Fintech Ecosystem in Ireland, presented by myself, Dave Anderson from FintechIreland.
There was a theme of APIs, testing and sandboxes from the speakers and participants, which included Tricia Balfe, COO of XMLDation, sharing the journey from Nomos Software through to acquisition.
We switched across to Hamburg, where our host Lars Markull introduced FinTech Hamburg and the FinTech scene in Germany.
Our #fintechbattle segment kicked off in Hamburg, where companies had just five minutes to showcase their company. In Germany we had:
- Ownly – brings together all your financial assets into one place
- Deposit Solutions – a Europe-wide deposit platform for banks, and aggregator for consumers
- Fino Digital – digital solutions for banks to improve customer experience during onboarding, switching and more
On the Dublin side we had:
- Hublio – simplifying digital insurance for consumers with machine-learning and AI
- Ostia Solutions – providing banks with testing solutions and sandboxes, for API validation and more
- The Payment Works – eliminating online payment failures with comprehensive testing sandboxes
We asked our audiences to vote for the pitch they liked best. All the pitches were fantastic, but the audience vote went to Hublio and Fino Digital. Well done!!
Thank you to everyone who made this possible, including:
- Lars Markull and Stella Regna from Figo and Fintech Hamburg
- Peter Oakes from FintechIreland
- Alan Weldon and John Whelan from Trinity Launchpad Dublin
- Tricia Balfe from XMLDation
- Our Dublin Fintech showcase companies Hublio, Ostia Solutions and ThePayment.works
- Our Hamburg Fintech showcase companies Ownly, Deposit Solutions and Fino
Follow @fintechbridge in Twitter for the latest news and upcoming events!